Date: Monday June 18, 2018
Subject: Afton Trail Run Volunteer Email 2 2018
Thank you very much for volunteering for the 2018 / 25th annual Afton Trail Run on Saturday July 7th, 2018! This email is intended as a quick note to convey three things…
1.) We have received your volunteer signup / information, thank you!
2.) We have started preliminary volunteer assignments and they can be found HERE https://www.aftontrailrun.com/volunteer-assignments/ – if I have assigned anything incorrectly based on the times / info you provided or have assigned too much or too little, please let me know ASAP – I have been known to make a mistake or two!
As usual, we are very fortunate to have such a great volunteer turnout, to say we are in “need” anywhere would be an overstatement, but listed below are some notes regarding where we could / would take additional help or skills – let us know if you want to or can help with any of the following along with what you have already been assigned to.
• Work with experienced course markers on Thursday 7/5 at 8AM until about 3PM to mark the entire race course (position is best for those that are interested in learning to and continue to do some course marking in the future).
• Help setup the aid stations and finish area on Friday 7/6 from 10AM until about 3PM.
• If you are already assigned to help on Friday and you have a pickup truck that you would be willing to use to deliver supplies to the aid stations, let me know.
• Stay until the very end of the race on Saturday helping with final cleanup / load out.
• Help us with cleanup at our house in Hastings on Sunday from 9AM until approx 3PM (likely will get done earlier).
• If anyone assigned to work an aid station is a good photographer and would like to work as a photographer at / near your aid station let me know.
• If anyone assigned to work an aid station or the finish area and are a social media guru (takes good pics with their phone, does a lot of Facebook / Instagram posting already and has Verizon and unlimited data) and would like to make posts on behalf of the race, let me know.
3.) A final / and more comprehensive email to volunteers will be going out mid-next-week so keep your eyes peeled for that.
That is all I have for now, should you have any questions before I send out the next email, please drop me a line!
Afton Trail Run